Working out is essential to keep yourself fit and healthy on a long term basis. Total Gym exercises are done using gym equipment by EFI Sports Medicine Incorporated. Total Gym workouts focus on every part of your body including shoulders, biceps, chest, abs, quads, calves, triceps, upper back, lower back, glutes, and hamstrings. Each and every part of your body gets to move and thus, gets the workout it requires for better tone and strength.
This part of the exercise focuses on the lower and upper abdominal muscles. To shape your abs, you will have to follow a few exercise steps:
- Crunches: Lie straight with your hands behind your head. Pull yourself without losing contact between your back and the glide board.
- Resisted crunch: Lie with your legs bent while holding the handle with arms straight. Roll yourself back and forth without lifting your back.
- Inclined Crunch with feet attached: You will have to lie on the glide board with your head downwards and feet attached to wings. Pull yourself up from shoulder blades but do not lose contact between lower back and glide board.
The following exercises are all specially made to tone your chest muscles.
- Chest press: Get yourself seated on the glide board while holding the handles of Total Gym Workout machine. Bend your knees. Pull the handles up by straightening your arms. It will let the gliding board move up. Pause and then release.
- Chest fly: Sit on the gliding board with knees bent. Hold the handles with elbows slightly bent. Now, pull your arms in a parallel position to move the gliding board up. Hold it and then release after a pause.
- Pullover: Lie down on the gliding board with knees bent. Hold the handles up and pull the handles from top to bottom toward your thighs. It will move the gliding board up.
Total Gym Exercise also includes a set of exercises that can enhance your leg muscles overall. You can follow these steps to build your leg muscles.
- Leg curl: Lie downward on the gliding board to engage your feet on the wing attachment. Pull yourself up by putting pressure on your legs. The gliding board will move up. Pause for a second and then release.
- Squat: Lie on the gliding board with feet on squat stand. Bend your knees to 90 degrees of angle and then push back up to straighten your legs. Repeat these steps.
- Twisting Squat: It is similar to simple squats. Lie on the gliding board with feet on squat stand. Bend your knees at 90 degrees of angle with a slightly rotated position. Straighten your legs again and do it again.
- Calf Raise: Lie straight on the gliding board without your knees bent. Put your feet on squat stand. Push your toes and raise your body on heels. Pause and then release after a while.
The given exercises are designed to shape up your shoulders. Each exercise exerts pressure on your shoulders due to which they tone up brilliantly.
- Shoulder press: Lie on your stomach with your face down on the glide board. Bend your knees and hold the squat stand firmly. Pull yourself back and forth with short pauses.
- Upright row: Sit on the top of gliding board while holding the handles right above your knees. Pull the handles up towards your shoulders. Pause yourself in the same position and then release.
- Shoulder extension: Sit on the top of gliding board while holding the handles right above your knees. Pull the handles back without bending your arms. Pause and then release to return to initial position.
Total Gym Workout is a complete workout for the whole of your body. Each workout targets a special set of muscles while there are other positions that target your core muscles. It’s undoubtedly the whole gym in a series of workouts and equipment.